The Larry Rutledge USMC Scholarship Fund
PURPOSE: To grant scholarships to qualified applicants in order of preference and need as follows:
1. Graduating high school seniors living in Montgomery County.
2. Sons and daughters, Brothers or Sisters, Grandsons and Granddaughters or, who have had Aunts or Uncles who were members of the Marine Corps or Naval Corpsmen assigned to the Marine Corps.
3. Sons and daughters, Brothers or Sisters, Grandsons and Granddaughters or, who have Aunts or Uncles who have served with the Marine Corps or of active Marine Corps League or Naval Corpsmen assigned to the Marines and/or Auxiliary members.
4. Members of the active Reserve, Marine Corps and Naval Service serving with the Marine Corps.
5. Grandchildren of active, associate and auxiliary members of Marine Corps League.
REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP GRANT:
1. Applicant must complete the scholarship form and submit it to the Scholarship Committee in a timely manner for review.
2. Copy of unofficial transcripts and a letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member, i.e.: Teacher, Counselor, Principal, Pastor, or Employer.
3. Answer all the questions on the attached questionnaire; include a one page essay, double spaced in 12 point font on a current event that demonstrates patriotism. This can be a local or national news story. (For example, a home owner that argues with their HOA about displaying an American flag in their yard).
4. Deadline for submission is indicated on the pdf.
5. Proof of an Accredited Higher Educational Institution’s acceptance and copy of registration courses must be received before funds will be disbursed.
6. If attending College, must carry a minimum of 9 credit hours or 6 credit hours + 1 lab.
1. The approval of each scholarship shall be recommended by the Scholarship Committee subject to budget limitations and the availability of funds.
2. All checks will be made payable to the Educational Institution. The name and address of Institution to be supplied by the applicant.
3. A limit of $2,000.00 per student (lifetime) is set.
4. Scholarships will be awarded to Educational Institutions within the State of Texas only.
5. Unless required by the education institution, disbursement will be 50% 1st semester, 50% 2nd semester.
P.O. BOX 523
Conore, TX 77305
Students are also encouraged to apply for the National scholarships: